10.2.16

Crochet baby bonnet project



It's been awhile ago that my dear friend Joyce asked me if I could crochet baby bonnets. She is a Doula - a woman who gives support, help, and advice to another woman during pregnancy and during and after the birth - and was looking for a little present to give to the new born baby and parents.

Immediately I imagined a very simple bonnet in my favorite yarn: Cotton Merino by Drops Design. A very soft yarn, easy to work with and washable at 40 degrees Celsius. It comes in such lovely colors. 

Finding a pattern was more challenging. I browsed through my big stash of books and magazines. I spend hours on Ravelry and Etsy, but I couldn't find a pattern that matched the image in my head. So I developed my own, by trial and error. Some were too big, some too small... 

And then I forgot about it and worked on many other projects which you can see here. Cleaning up my studio recently I bumped into it again and decided to finally finish this work in progress. I used my neighbor's baby as a model to make sure the fit was right. It was perfect! I didn't even have to tweak it. And perfect timing too as this week we welcomed our nephew Isidore Eli into the world.

Right now I am very busy creating and photographing more bonnets and soon I will upload them to my Etsy shop. If you are interested in purchasing a bonnet, please do not hesitate to contact me directly. I am very open to commissions and can make the bonnets in any color you like. 

Inez


2 comments:

  1. It just gorgeous! Love making hats myself & the colour is lovely

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Maura! I just hopped over to your blog and took a little tour. It's lovely there :-)

      Delete